Thursday, July 9, 2009

4th of July

The day started like every other 4th, Aaron and I getting up early to go stake out a good spot for the parade. Now most people would probably not be too impressed with what the Rexburg 4th of July parade has to offer, but we love it and so do the kids.

Conner, Taylee and Ryker waiting for the parade to start. Not that you could tell, but Tay had so been looking forward to the "parade by her house". Then when we got there she refused to show any excitement at all and we couldn't even get a smile out of her. I know she had fun though.

Ellie, Weiland and Quinton

Bonnie and Laura .... so glad they came!

"The coolest float in the parade" according to Aaron.

Lacey, Brynlee and Brad

Tiff and Todd

us

Lacey with my two super cute neices

...and little miss Ellie who thought most of the parade was too loud
Later that day we had the whole gang over for a BBQ and the kids played in the water. I don't know why I forgot to take pictures, bummer.

That night we ended up going to Idaho Falls where this hotel sets up tables out on the lawn right by the river and serves a yummy dinner and puts on a patriotic program. Then you have great seats for the really awesome firework show. We layed out a blanket and played Phase 10 until it got dark and then Taylee snuggled down right between Aaron and I to watch the show.


It's hard to keep your eyes open when the flash is so bright!

Taylee, trying to keep warm.

I love holidays mostly because it gives me a chance to spend some real quality time with my family. I am lucky to have married a man I can have so much fun with and to have a daughter that livens things up and keeps us laughing.



No comments: