Thursday, July 9, 2009

I am feeling sentimental

I know every mom loves and adores all their children, but I have noticed that since Taylee has gone through something so dramatic and I spent so much one on one time with her, that we now have such a strong bond and I feel so linked to her, it is hard to describe. Now Aaron and my sisters can tell you that just because I feel that way, doesn't mean I don't get frustrated or anything, but I just had to dedicate a post to my Taylee and tell her how amazing and wonderful I think she is.

Some of the things I love about Tay:

*her stubburness -this sounds like a weird thing to love, but I like to see that she a mind of her own

*her hugs -she can squeeze so tight for such a little girl and gives them to me so freely

*her sense of order - now I am not the most organized person out there, but Taylee knows how things should go or where they should go and is adiment about keeping things that way.

*her memory -the things she remembers surprise me all the time.

*her ability to learn quickly - Taylee picks things up fast. I hope I can help her keep this skill as it will be so beneficial for her all her life.

*her negotiating skills -I think she got these from Ryker or her dad, and at the time I don't find them so great, but she is good at talking her way in or out or around things.

*her imagination -I love that she can come up with games or play pretend or act out scenarios with her toys, it is such an important part of play.

*her need for me - I admit, I sometimes get a little claustriphobic, but mostly I love that she wants me when she is sad or hurt or just wants to play close to me or sit right by me, its great.

*her sweetness - we all know she has some sass in her, but she can be so incredibly sweet. She will say, "thanks mom for letting me have some brownie" and the way she says it is so sincere. Or she will just look at me and say, "I love you mom" or tonight she was praying and she said, "please bless mom will get a baby in her belly" and my heart just melted.

*her ability to be so strong - I am just so amazed at how well she handled having cancer. She breezed through it so well it almost felt like no big deal, but I want her to know that it was a major big deal and I am so proud of her for being so brave and making it not so hard for her mom to watch her go through. I am pretty sure she can handle anything now.

*her laugh - all her family knows that Taylee's true laugh is this deep belly almost scary kind of laugh, but nothing sounds better

*her need to be independant - it is a classic two-year-old thing to do, but how else would they learn how to do so much on their own. It can be frustrating, but I love seeing her accomplish new things.

*her personality -I wish I could say she is all girl or a complete girly girl, but that wouldn't be completely true. She loves her dollies and her "lips" she recently has gotten attached to a ballet outfit and loves Strawberry Shortcake, but I must say she isn't the most graceful girl, she doesn't like to wear dresses all that much, she tells me she doesn't want long hair, and I can just see her needed to be athletic and moving. I wouldn't call her a tomboy by any stretch, but she has too much personality to be the sweet timid girly girl that you normally think of.

*her similarities to her dad -we don't think she looks like either of us, but I definatly think her personality favors Aaron and he has so many qualities that she is lucky to have.

*her petite little body - I love that she is still little enough to carry around with little effort. I can still fit her in my arms like a baby and she just snuggles up so nicely. I wish she could just stop growing for a while, but she doesn't like when I tell her that cause she is "getting bigger and bigger"

*how peaceful she is when she sleeps. I still cant resist snapping pictures of my little girl sleeping.



As bummed as I get waiting and waiting to get pregnant, I know Heavenly Father knows what is best for our family and not everyone gets to spend a full three years alone with their first child. I am so glad for the time we have had together and am sure she will be one great big sister when the time comes. She sure is special to her mommy and I thank Heavenly Father every day for letting me keep her.



3 comments:

Natalie Smith said...

Courtney,

What a wonderful string of posts. Tay is adorable and you look gorgeous! I am glad you guys are having a fun summer together.

Thanks for the update.

~Tiffany said...

So sweet! It makes me stop and ponder all the things I love about my little one... thank you!! I hope you can have another addition quickly too!! It is nice to spend time with the ones we have though! How sweet and what a sweet little one.

belinda said...

You have described Taylee so well, it made me cry! She is a sweet heart and I am so grateful she is here and that I have had the chance to love her and be loved by her. You are a wonderful mommy. She is more like you than you realize. I love you both!