Tuesday, January 20, 2009

All good news :)

Hi to everyone! I just thought I should tell everyone that Taylee is still doing so well. We just recently got another test result back that was to determine wether or not her cancer was any relation to DNA, meaning it was hereditary or in her genes, but it came back showing she was normal and will be able to keep doing the mild chemo she is on as planned. I am totally amazed at how well she is handleing everything. I mean she doesn't like to go to the hospital to get her chemo but she is over it quick and acts healthy and full of energy all week long. We continue to pray that her body will hold up so well as she gets further and further into this. We have all the bandages off her incision and she has healed from that very well. She has finally started acknowledging that there are some weird things going on on her body. She calls her incision "my scratch", there is a big bump on her chest up by her shoulder where her port is and she asked me what that was. I told her it was called her port and that is where her "tubee" goes. (The tube they put into it for chemo) so she calls that bump "my tubee" Every once in a while she will stick some random obect up your sleeve and when you ask what she is doing she says she is putting in your tubee! Many times while at the hospital the doctors would rub her neck under her chin (checking for swollen lymph nodes) and so Taylee will say "hold very still" and then she gently rubs my neck just like the doctors did. She has a good memory about things so it is interesting to see what she acts out and what she asks about. She is in no pain, in fact I tell people if you didn't know she was doing chemo, you wouldn't know.

I wish I had pictures to post. I brought my camera home, but it died shortly after we got here and I forgot the cord that allows me to get them on the computer anyway. Luckily Tay and I get to go home (just for the week-end) so I will have to grab the rest of my camera stuff then. She did get a really cute haircut thanks to Aunt Makay and we do have some pictures of her tummy from before and after the surgery so hopefully we will have more to share soon! Keep your eyes out for any place that sells cute hats, we haven't had any hair loss yet, but it is still early. Keep a look out, but your fingers crossed that we won't need any! Will post again soon.

2 comments:

Stopher and Nicolle said...

Woo hoo!! Thanks for the update. I'm so happy she's doing so well.

Katie said...

Yay, an update. I am glad to hear that Taylee is doing so well. My friend's mother has been doing chemo for a while now (much longer than Taylee) and she has not lost her hair, so there is hope!