Monday, May 18, 2009

Tay's Last Day at the Hospital

Technically this was not her "last" day at the hospital cause she still had her surgery coming, but as for routine visits we have been doing for the past 5 1/2 months, this was the last one. Tay, this is for you to see all the things you had to do and to see how brave and strong you were. We got to spend lots of time together and I know you and I will have a special bond because of this. I am so proud of you and so happy to be all done!

Taylee's "tummy tickle" or as big people call it, her ultrasound. You didn't mind this part too much cause you got to lay on your back for most of it and watch a show. It didn't hurt at all, but was gooey and tickly so you were so good to hold real still and let them get a good look inside your belly.

Getting your "tubee". As you can see by your face, this wasn't your favorite part. The nurses were so quick and tried so hard to distract you with shows and bubbles and toys, but you knew that tubee was coming. We put "lotion" or numbing cream on before we got to the hospital, but they said you could still feel the pressure of the poke, but I think maybe it still hurt a little when they stuck it in. Once it was in, you did much better. You even helped the nurse push in the different things to flush your tubee and keep your blood flowing. Once again, you were very brave!

Tay's little face is so pathetic don't you think? What little girl should have to do something that makes her face look like that?


Waiting to talk to the doctor. This was the "balls". One of you favorite things to play with while we waited.

Still waiting.....

Getting checked out by the doctor. This was Dr. Ehling. She was a great doctor. She waited and waited to get a smile out of Tay, and by the end of the visit, she got one!


This is Deb our schedualist. Mom talked with her lots on the phone setting up all your appointments and we would stop by and see her after every visit. Deb always had a new toy or candy to give you and loved when we would stop by.

This is the pig bench outside of "Whale 6" where we parked and went in every time we came to the hospital.

So happy to have that day behind us!









8 comments:

Katie said...

I am glad the routine visits are over! You and Taylee are SO brave!

Nate and Chelsea Peck said...

What a brave girl!!! You're right, no little kid should have to go through that!! It made me cry reading it...now that I have my own kid I'm much more sensitive when kids have to go through hard things! I wish they didn't!! I'm so glad you are done with all that!

Nate and Chelsea Peck said...

Also, does this mean you guys are coming back soon?! We want to see you as soon as you get back!

Lacey said...

WHAT A RELIEF! Taylee you are definatley a brave and strong girl. We love you and are so glad you are on your way home! See you soon. Those pictures are priceless!

Kelli said...

glad for the most part its behind you all.

- said...

oh yea! Im glad that shes just about done.What a brave little sweetheart.you guys are such a strong family. 2 weeks ago we were there getting berks bump removed- parked in the whale parking and all. its benign (sp) so all is ok but scary and not fun!Im so happy that its all over for you!

Cali said...

Hey Cortney, It is me Cali Cook. I found your blog from Heidi's Blog. I was so excited to find you! I have been wondering what you have been up too. Man, what a crazy time you have had. I browsed a little, and will have to read more tomorrow, but I hope all is well with little taylee. That does not sound pleasant. I hope everything continues to go well. She is one brave girl! You and your family will totally be in our prayers. It is good to find you! Have an awesome day!

Cali

~Tiffany said...

Wow!! What a family Courtney! I'm so happy things went well and you are able to be back home!! What a darling little girl.. and I can't even imagine what you have felt as a mom!! Amazing!! Good Luck for the future!!