Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Makin' Cookies

The presidential debate was on last night and for all of you that know Aaron, you know he has to watch it so Taylee and I made chocolate chip cookies for him. She really can help pour things in the mixer pretty good, but the problem is keeping her fingers out of the dough. She has to try to lick everything. She licked the measuring cup after we had scooped out the flour (gross huh?), but she didn't think it was gross, she licked the measuring spoon after we poured out the vanilla (I tried to tell her it didn't taste good, but she thought it was fine), and she just couldn't help sticking her finger in the bowl everytime I walked away to get something. I couldn't help but laugh because it was like she just couldn't resist! She must get that from her daddy because he stole as many bites of cookie dough as Taylee and by the time we got back from getting her jammies on, 3 cookies were already missing!


Of course I had to let her lick the beater!

All done!

6 comments:

Henderson Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nate and Chelsea Peck said...

fun! She's such a doll..we cant believe how big she is getting.

belinda said...

That's what memories are made of .. . . baking cookies with mom. At least her hair wasn't long enough to get caught in the mixer! Keep lickin Tay!

Katie said...

What a great little helper you have! Yummmm...now I want cookies!!!!

Leah said...

so cute! she looks just like you! big blue eyes!

The Sillito Family said...

Ok- now I know that's a Sillito trait. Of course my kids love licking the beater too, but where I really have to watch Jacey is by the flour. She LOVES it, and will eat it by the spoonful if I would let her! Fun times...