Friday, October 17, 2008

Carving Pumpkins with the Cousins

Last week we went over to Tiff's and had a pumpkin' carvin' party. The kids were all really excited even though Taylee didn't really know what she was getting excited about. She did, however, love going to pick out her pumpkin and she held onto the stem the enite time it was in our shopping cart.
I didn't take her long to figure out that some parts of carving pumpkins aren't that great. Yuck!

I must have been in a weird mood because the pumpkin I carved was the only one that ended up with a mean face. Oh well, Taylee liked it and Aaron was proud because Halloween stuff is supposed to be scary.
We have so much fun having so many cousins around to do fun things with. It makes holidays and special occasions that much more fun and exciting. Thanks for having us Tiff -it was a messy project!



After we cleaned up the pumpkin mess we helped the kids decorate Halloween cookies. They were so yummy and Taylee's favorite shape was the kitty cat, big surprise. My favorite was the orange icing, it was so good!

3 comments:

- said...

oh how fun! I miss how excited youd get for holidays. We have that in common for sure. I feel weird that we have like one decoration out because we're moving so everthings packed up! but we haven't held back on having sweets around!

Leah said...

so fun! I love halloween I can't wait. Good job getting your degree! That is so impressive that you finished with all that you had going on. I can't say the same for myself. oh well, some day right?

The Sillito Family said...

Looks like so much fun! Wish we could have been there. Maybe someday when more people end up back in Washington? (crossing our fingers...)