Sunday, April 26, 2009

The One Side Effect

The chemotherapy Taylee has been on is supposed to come with some pretty major side effects. Most likely kids experience sore jaws and legs. They get clumsy and have trouble walking, low energy from low blood counts often resulting in blood transfusions, constipation, nausea, trouble grasping and of course, hair loss. We have pain medicine, anti-nausua medicine, stool softeners and so on and have barely needed to use any of them. Why can't they come up with an anti-hair loss medicine?? From these pictures you can see she still has hair, but it is so so thin. She bonked her head on my parents BBQ the other day and you could actually see the scrape on her head. Good thing she is two and has no idea that she has less hair and could care less. Lacey requested these pictures to show how much hair she has left.


I thought I would also add in some updated pictures of her belly all healed up. I know I posted pictures of her scar right after surgery, but I think it is good to see how well she has healed. The surgeon did such a good job!








5 comments:

Tiffany said...

She's still too cute! the belly looks really good. Can't WAIT for you guys to come home. I haven't played killer bunnies in at least three months! love ya

Kelli said...

That scar looks good. AND I want to kiss that little belly button and make her laugh. Babies are so strong, she will never remember this years down the road.

Katie said...

Wow! Taylee's stomach is looking good. According to mapquest, Mountain Home and Rexburg are 3 hours and 47 minutes apart. I wish it was closer! We will still have to get together sometime and if you are ever driving to WA, Mountain Home is on the way!

Lacey said...

Look how good her scar is healing, it looks better than mine. Her hair has thinned more than I thought. Good thing summer is almost here and it will be warm. I am so glad you are almost done and can come home and be outside and play with us. I am glad Taylee probably won't remember losing her hair. I think she is a beauty no matter what!!!

Natalie Smith said...

Courtney! This is Natalie (Pike)Smith. I have been following your sweet lil' girls progress. My heart goes out to all 3 of you. We just started a blog. Send me your email nataliesmith_is@yahoo.com and I will get you access. Tell Aaron hello!

Natalie Smith