Friday, October 22, 2010

Kyaking

So I have to apologize because we had lots of visitors this summer and did lots of fun things with all of them, but for some reason I was just a slacker on getting pictures of it. I know my parents came to visit and Bonnie stayed with us an entire week and this was only event that got documented.

Aaron and I have been up to Island Park many times to float the river and usually get a big nice cushy raft and just relax and float down the river. Well, we tried to do that with Bonnie, but they were out of rafts that day so for some crazy reason we decided to try the kayaks.

Taylee started out with Aaron in his kayak, but these weren't the best quality kayaks and with Taylee and Aaron in one, it almost tipped over every time he tried to paddle. Which of course made Taylee flip out. She was not enjoying herself which of course made Aaron frustrated and at first I was sure this was a miserable mistake. This was my first time in any kind of kayak and it took me a bit to get comfortable, but as soon as I did I took Taylee with me and things got a whole lot better for all of us.

Bonnie was just having an easy time probably laughing at us trying to make these dumb kayaks work and just about falling in so many times... She was nice enough to carry our snacks though!


All done and feeling better.

Notice we are dry, luckily no tips!

We had a good time, but I am sticking with the raft next time.

No comments: