Sunday, October 24, 2010

Taylee's 4th Birthday

Way back in January, at Brynlee's birthday Taylee saw her pink castle cake and thought it was so cool. She had been wanting since then to have a "pink pony castle cake" for her birthday. I was thrilled cause Taylee doesn't usually choose the girliest things. This lasted all the way up until she went and saw Toy Story 3. Then it became all about Toy Story. I convinced her we could have a cowgirl party since Woody and Jesse were cowboy/cowgirl and with a few stipulations, she thought that would be ok. So this is Taylee's 4th Cowgirl Carnival/Toy Story birthday party.

All I had to do was tell Tiff my theme and her talent took over from there. Give all credit for the cute decorations, invites, party favors... the list goes on, to her. Thanks so much for helping me pull this off.

I loved the food table, so fun.

We had a total of 12 kids, including Taylee. 5 of them were cousins, but we had a few friends over too. Each of them got to choose a bandana and a cowboy hat to wear.


Both Tiffany and Lacey were there to help me and I don't know how I would have managed with out them. Each kid got to come fill up a goody bag with their favorite candies.

Here is a picture of the bunch. Top row: Ryker, Conner, Quintion, Weiland, Ellie (and a tiny bit of Brynlee). Front row: Shelby, Coulson, Bella, Caydence, Taylee (Evelyn behind Tay) and Holland. All lookin good.


The first part of the party they did little games like a ring toss, pin the tail on the horse, and knocking cans over with squirt guns. I have to say the best part of the party was having two real horses come to give horse rides. My awesome neighbor down the street was so so so nice to bring her two horses over and make this extra special for Taylee. It was a little nerve racking at first because the kids were so excited and they kept running up and around the horses and I was just hoping no one got hurt. Rob and Cathy were smart enough though to sit them down and tell them a few safety rules before we got started.

Taylee wasn't sure she wanted to do this at first. She let a few other kids have their turn before she decided to get on, but once she did she loved it!

They each got to go once around the yard...

Weiland's turn, he could hardly wait!!!
Then miss Ellie...

Ryker the pro....

Quinton

And Conner....

Now the Toy Story comes in. Here is her Toy Story cake. I couldn't find all the characters in mini form so her birthday present from Aaron and I was a huge combo pack that had everyone bigger. If you can't tell, this is supposed to be a bed. I did the best I could....

Blowing out the candles, which got done a little pre-mature so we had to re-light in the middle of the song...

Present time! Her special requests this year were a pillow pet (which is what she is getting here)...

And...... Buzz Lightyear of course! Thanks grama for fulfilling those wishes!

She was so pleased cause all her guests seemed to know that Toy Story stuff was her favorite right now. She got a Buzz towel, sunglasses, visor, backpack, coloring pad, stickers, water bottle.... I can't even remember it all, but she was a very happy girl. A little bit after her birthday her Gram and Papa came to visit and brought her lots more good Buzz/Toy Story stuff. Then Bonnie, Molly and Andy showed up and she was even more spoiled with a Buzz costume, a soft Buzz to sleep with and even Toy Story popcorn and container. It was quite the birthday and I was so exhausted by the time all the little 4 yr. olds left, but I was so glad Taylee had a great day. I count every birthday as a major blessing for me to get to watch her grow up. Happy Birthday Tay!

Oh and Makay and Addi, she loves doing those beads that melt. Thanks for thinking of her too!

2 comments:

- said...

A-dorable! love it!Thats so cool that your neighbors brought horse over! Berkley wants one of those pillow pets too. kids are so funny. I dont get whats so cool about it. Happy Birthday Taylee!

Alldredge said...

K those pillow pets are totally brainwashing from the stupid infomercial!! How funny she got one! I love her party, bummer we just barely missed it:( Looks like you guys had a blast! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAY!