Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Trip to Yellowstone

So for the last part of Micah and Nancy's visit we went to Yellowstone. Micah had never been and it had been a while for Nancy so we made the trip.

We got stuck in a little traffic and we just so happened to get stopped behind this car. I don't know if you can read the bumper stickers, but Aaron said, "typical suberu"!

We went up Thursday afternoon, oh this is clear back in June by the way, and did a small part of the park that evening. We stayed the night and finished the park the next day. We all wanted to be together so when we got inside the park, Taylee sat up front with me.

Taylee is really into "cool" poses lately!!



This was probably Aaron and I's fourth or fifth time coming to Yellowstone since we've lived here, but we saw more of the park on this trip then we had ever seen before and there is something about seeing it with 1-someone who hasn't seen it before and 2-people who are excited to see it and view it as their vacation. We had a really good time. But should I mention that it was June and it snowed and was really windy the first day - notice how I have on two sweatshirts AND my winter coat!


Micah, Joel and Nancy



Aaron had to get a shot of this awesome river!! What is it about boys and nature?!?


Super cool Micah!


Another cool stop...

We ended up seeing deer and elk, a bald eagle!!, bison, a black bear and a brown bear, mountain goats... I think that's it. Just about everything except a moose. Pretty cool.


We did a LOT of walking and Taylee and Joel both did surprisingly well.

Aaron and Tay.

I just love when Taylee and I get extra days with dad and this was an awesome way to end our really fun visit with Micah and Nancy. Hope you guys will come back soon!

1 comment:

Nate and Chelsea Peck said...

I have been waiting...and waiting...for you to update!! :)


Looks like fun! I'm sorry if we weren't very excited when we went together. I think we were just dissapointed cause we wanted to see more animals. Your hair is sooo beautiful and long!! I love it! I love Taylee's poses! She's such a goof! We miss you guys!